Wednesday, June 14, 2017

"The Sad, Sad Monster" - a bookwrap












"Hello, my name is Sarah."  I am the main character in today's book and I would like you to join me as I tell you my story." 










Unwrapping...






"The Sad Sad Monster"

Created by Dolores Costello
Ages:  3-6


Unwrapping some cute pictures for you...





























About the book...




This sweet story is about a little girl named Sarah who has compassion in her heart and reaches out to an ostracized little monster that who attends her school.  He is shunned by all the other students.  He is not accepted in any of their activities or to play games with them at recess. The poor little guy is reduced to tears as he feels left out and lonely.  Isn't there anyone who can accept him as he is he wonders?  

Along comes Sarah who offers to sit with him in the lunchroom where he usually eats all by himself every day.  He happily accepts her invitation and a friendship blossoms.  From there the story escalates to them swinging together, skipping together and playing games together.  The little monster's tears disappear and a huge smile of happiness replaces them. He is finally accepted someone.  Oh happy day! 

This is  perfect first-reader book and the simple storyline and illustrations are sure to be a hit with the very young.  It teaches that reaching out and befriending someone who is different than you can enrich both your life and his.  Group hug everyone.   The message is inspiring. 




Storywraps rating - 4 HUGS!!!!









Follow me  



*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the bottom of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on and read always!
It's a wrap.

No comments: